Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wang Yani Monkeys




The students loved this project!!  I found a short clip about the history and life a Wang Yani to show the students and the K-1 kids loved seeing a 4 year old paint better than their teacher.   This project started with the clip them the kids just painting a monkey on their own, no directions given.  Then the went step by step with me as we painted a monkey then they painted a green bamboo background for their monkey to live in. Over all a very fun project that the kids loved! Lasted roughly 3 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I love her work. I do a Japanese unit with my second graders and I think I will add this to our project list - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did this with my Kinders and they loved it. So amazing. Thanks for the images.

    ReplyDelete